Pages

Followers

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Ladybug

Lady Bird cupcakes me and my mom made for a school celebration. They were Red Velvet, Chocolate, and Vanilla with butter cream frosting.  They are my favorite but do not eat to many they can make you quite sick to the stomach (too sweet).  This is one of my favorite frostings if you would like the recipe read on.

Butter Cream Frosting

3 sticks soft unsalted butter
1 stick solid white vegetable oil

 cream these together and add the following mixture 1/2 cup at a time:

approx. 2 lbs. C&H powdered sugar (it has less cornstarch then other brands) mixed with 1 or 2 TBSP Meringue powder. (this helps achieve a frosting that will hold its shape.

For a silkier texture, add 2 (or more if needed) heavy whipping cream.

Piping and decorating may require a bit more powdered sugar.

1 TBSP clean vanilla.

Have fun and I hope you think they are very tasty

No comments:

Post a Comment